To provide secretarial support for all doctors in the practice
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POST
The post holder will need to be a highly organised individual who can prioritise workload in an efficient manner.
- Ensure the efficient and accurate word processing of all letters and documentation as required by the doctors in the practice.
- Ensure that patients with queries regarding referral letters are dealt with promptly and courteously.
- By using the EMIS medical system ensure the correct entry of data into patient records as required and directed.
- Ensure that all letters both incoming and outgoing to the practice are dealt with according to practice protocols.
- Operate the Choose & Book referral system for all appropriate referrals leaving the practice.
- Ensure that requests for patient medicals are dealt with promptly and efficiently.
- Understand the flow of patient information through the practice.
- Respond to all queries and requests for assistance from patients and other visitors, whether by telephone or in person.
- Undertake photocopying and shredding as and when necessary.
- Any other delegated duties considered appropriate to the post
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE POST
- An understanding, acceptance and adherence to the need for strict confidentiality.
- Have undertaken RSA typing training
- Excellent computer and keyboard skills
- An understanding of data entry and retrieval on computer system
- An ability to use own judgement, resourcefulness, common sense and knowledge to respond to patients’ enquiries and requests.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Attend staff meetings and training sessions when required to do so.
- Cover for holidays and sickness
- Previous NHS or medical experience is preferred
Please apply with a covering letter and current CV by email only to:
Debra Perry, Wallingford Medical Practice, Reading Road, Wallingford OX10 9DU
Email: email@example.com Tel: 01491 835577
Closing date for applications: 12th October 2018