Wallingford Medical Practice has outgrown its current home on Reading Road. A solution seems possible but we are likely to need the support of the town in order to achieve it.
- New 20,000 square feet Medical Centre is proposed for GP Services within Wallingford
- The existing Reading Road site is too small for adequate expansion
- Population increase and healthcare moving from hospital to the community are putting increasing pressure on the current facilities
- Primary Care Networks are also growing rapidly, introducing more staff to GP premises, adding additional pressure on space
- A suitable site has been identified in the Winterbrook Meadows development area (Site E) north of the A4130 Bypass and adjacent the current Wallingford Medical Practice
- An area on this site was earmarked for a school which is now being developed elsewhere, freeing up this space
- The site is currently owned by Berkeley Homes, with whom the Practice is currently in dialogue, supported by the Wallingford Town Council and expert property consultants
- The Oxfordshire CCG has given written support for an allocation of this site to develop a new Medical Centre
- Comments can be directed to Wallingford Town Council (see link on main press document and email address below)
Please read the official press document below:
All feedback, comments and suggestions should be forwarded to Wallingford Town Council (Cllr
Katharine Keats-Rohan) via c[email protected], and not
directly to Wallingford Medical practice at this stage.
Please see below map for the proposed site, the dark blue area is the site we are looking at, the light blue area is the adjacent Extra Care facility that Berkley Homes are going to include in the scheme.