Wallingford Medical Practice

Providing NHS services
Close this search box.

Fill out a simple online form to get advice and treatment by the end of the next working day.

Sick/Fit Note

Want a sick note form your Doctor?
Been off work for less than 7 days

If you have been sick for more than four days in a row, but less than seven, you can self–certify your illness using a SC2 form. You can obtain this form from your employer or the HMRC website. When counting days off, you need to include all days including weekends and bank holidays, even if you do not normally work these days.

If your employer requires you to have a medical certificate for illnesses lasting less than seven days, your doctor may be able to provide a letter. This is a non-NHS service and a charge will apply. Please speak to the secretaries to discuss this request.

Been off work for more than 7 days

If you’re off work sick for more than seven days your employer will normally ask for a Fit Note (or Statement of Fitness for Work) from your GP or Hospital Doctor.

If you are off work due to a Hospital admission, a Fit Note can be issued by the Hospital to cover the period of time you were in the Hospital and for the duration of time that your specialist estimates that you will require off work. If you are still not well enough to return to work when the original note runs out, your GP can issue you with a further note.

If you require a Fit note or an extension to an original Fit note, please complete an eConsult and provide as much information as possible about why you need a note and what dates that you need it to cover. This will be passed to your doctor. Please provide a telephone number as it may be necessary for your GP to speak to you for clarification.